CURT front mount trailer hitches allow you to use the front end of your vehicle for various towing applications. They can be used for mounting a winch, different accessories and can even be used for some towing applications. When space is limited, a front mount hitch is commonly used to hold a cargo carrier, freeing up space inside the vehicle for extra cargo and making the rear mount receiver available to pull a trailer. At the boat ramp, your boat trailer can be hitched up to the front mount receiver, giving you better control over the trailer as you launch. Some of the other accessories that can be used with a front mount hitch are the step pad, license plate holder, spare tire mount and the CURT skid shield.
A front mount hitch bolts onto the underside of the vehicle frame just like a rear mount hitch; only, it is placed in the front of the vehicle, providing a useful receiver tube to accept a 2″ x 2″ shank. CURT front mount hitches come in towing capacities of up to 3,000, 3,500 and 5,000 lbs. and can tow up to 9,000 lbs. for a straight line pull. They are specifically designed to mount on trucks, vans and SUVs. In general, sedans, coupes and other cars do not allow adequate viewing space for safe driving if a front mount accessory were to be attached.
CURT front mount hitches are crafted with robotically welded steel and undergo the same testing, cleaning and finishing processes that our rear mount hitches undergo. They are co-cured with a liquid Aquence¬Æ coating and a powder coating of high-gloss black for rust, chip and UV resistance. At CURT, we do not see our front mount hitches as a backburner item to our rear mount hitches. We back them up with the same one-year finish warranty and limited lifetime warranty to give you peace of mind on and off the road.
- Made with a vehicle-specific design for a custom fit
- Provides a convenient mount for hitch accessories
- Ideal for attaching a snow plow, cargo carrier or other front hitch mount
- Allows for easy maneuvering of a trailer into a tight spot
- Tested for safety in accordance with SAE J684
- Precisely welded for superior strength and fit
- Protected by a durable black powder coat finish
- Co-cured in a rust-resistant liquid Aquence coating
- Strengthened with a forged, welded, seamless collar
- Equipped with an open-back receiver for easy cleaning
- Backed by a limited lifetime warranty
- Made in USA