Seeking experienced auto techs to join our growing team, at our San Diego, California & Houston, Texas locations.
We are currently seeking an automotive parts technician to hire. As a fabricator you will work on service bodies, dump bodies, flatbeds, contractor bodies, enclosed beds, and utility bodies for installation. The large majority of this job will be working on truck bodies, installing accessories (lift kits, wheels/tires, bumpers), and fabricating custom parts. You MUST have automotive experience to apply. We prefer automotive aftermarket experience. Welding skill and/or certification is REQUIRED to install beds. ASE or similar certifications are also required. Please list your welding experience and certifications on the application. This job is fast-paced but offers freedom and opportunity to move vertically through one of the fastest-growing automotive aftermarket companies in the country.
Suspension, front end work, and general bolt-on experience required. Welding and Fabrication experience a plus. Pay is based upon experience.
- Perform all installations and services
- Participate in the service and installations of truck bodies
- Maintain our shop as a lead employee
- Perform welding jobs/tasks, fabricate parts
- Ensure quality work
- Maintain accurate work logs
- Perform inspections of completed installations/services to ensure complete and thorough quality of work and sustainability for the vehicle to return for other projects
- Work with other employees to provide quality installations
- Other requirements as assigned
- Proficiency with installing bolt-on accessories
- Welding experience (MIG/TIG) (Required)
- ASE certification or comparable certification (Required)
- Lift 50+ pounds
- Must be organized and able to complete jobs in a timely manner
- Tools/Equipment of your own is greatly preferred**
- Perform a broad range of automotive installations from bumpers to lift kits and utility/service bodies
- Read and interpret reports to aid in management of shop duties
- Enter customer and vehicle information digitally/manually (computer and paper) Sound safety practices and principles
- General trade techniques, materials, and practices that are related to automotive installations and repair
- Work well cooperatively with other installers and managers
- Work safely without presenting a direct liability or threat to others
- This is a demanding job requiring good eyesight and/or corrective lenses, hearing, balance, standing, stooping, kneeling, reaching and lifting
- Work diligently without explicit instruction
At least a year of experience in other industry-related automotive or mechanical positions as a mechanic, repair specialist, or similar. Other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted. ASE Certification or similar is a huge bonus.
At least 1 year of welding experience -and/or- welding certification. In addition to compensation and commissions, RhinoPro offers a wide range of available perks and benefits including (but not limited to): Medical & Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Disability Insurance, Workers Compensation, Reimbursement for Certification/Training, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Employee Discounts, and others.